Follow

Sunday, January 10, 2016

RIVER OF SMALL STONES


Sunday 10 January 2016

Dont know what weather is doing as shutters are still closed

I have just come across the following post on a blog and thought what a beautiful idea this is...  she posts a photo each day in January of an item which is to hand, a small stone in her day which would otherwise pass unremarked.  A diary of feelings and a stash of sights, sounds, smells, colours and experiences to dip into for inspiration during the rest of the years.  Here is her blog link and perhaps less intimidating that having to write a full post each day



https://weaversjournal.wordpress.com/2011/12/31/river-of-small-stones/

Last January I joined in with the first “river of small stones” . It was a great way to slow down, and get into the habit of noticing – noticing ordinary everyday things, noticing beauty, colour, quirkyness in all sorts of places.
I have kept up the habit through the year, not every day, but when I remember. And I now have a collection of captured moments from throughout the year. Moments which would have been lost in the stream of time if I hadn’t stopped and noticed, and then recorded it in a few words. Sometimes it inspired a visual stitched picture too.
I will be joining in again this January to kick-start my awareness of the riches of all the present moments of 2012, to build a “stash” of sights, sounds, smells, colours and experiences which are the fabric of my every day life.
Why not join in yourself….?

No comments:

Post a Comment